"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint..."
Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

and I'm back! Let me just pick up where I left off briefing you on some eventful times that I've missed blogging about!

* First, it's bittersweet as I realize the summer's over and it has no doubt been one of our most fun summers yet for our little family of four! Rylan will be in third grade and my baby girl (that I swear I was just holding in my arms as an infant) will be in Kindergarten! She's excited, so I'm excited! She also has done two things lately to get ready for the BIG day...

1. She came back from her Aunt Karen's house a few weeks ago with a sparkle on her ears... she got them pierced! Or "ka-pierced"... as she used to say back when she was 2 or 3! BT and I still can't get over calling it that.

2. She got bangs. She just insisted on getting them! So, I just took her and did it. She LOVES her bangs and has told just about everyone that she's talked to and seen... "I got bangs!" Let me just say... they turned out cuter and less hassel than I thought and she adores them!


* I have three words: Ringling Bros. Circus! We went! We met Rae and Em there with their rents to see "The Big Top"... isn't that what you call The Circus?? It was GREAT! Everyone needs to go to the circus in their lifetime!




* Rylan went to his first tournament in McKinney with a select team this last weekend. It was the team's first time to play games, better yet a tournament together... so we didn't know what to expect!

One cool thing at the tournament is that Sony had a big black tent set up and anyone could go check out one of their nice cameras (an hour at a time) with a nice zoom lens on it and they gave a complimentary CD of the pics that you took for FREE! So, I didn't even take my camera out of it's case. I tried to take them of all the guys, so instead of boring you with all I put them on HERE if you care to take a peek.

Anyway, we lost our first game to a team that had been together for THREE YEARS - that means those boys were SIX years old when they formed the team! It was a blow-out... we didn't even get any goals on that game, but went on to win our other two. So, it came down to the Championship game on Sunday and guess who we ended up having to play? Yep, the team that stomped us. Long story short... we ended up tied 3-3 and went into penalty kicks!! Rylan was chosen to kick 5th (for those of you know anything about soccer) and was a nervous WRECK, but I knew he could do it! Here's a pic of Ry before he was to kick... the boys on the right had already kicked and made their goals for our team! Ry ended up not having to kick his PK and we won the game - it was crazy!


This is what the weekend was about!


* One more thing... Rylan has jumped on the emailing train! He got an email address and is loving it. I don't know how long it'll last or if he'll have time to do it once school starts, but for now... if you want his email (& want email from an 8, almost 9 year old boy)... shoot me an email and I'll give it to ya!! He loves to get it! :)

* The kids know their teachers and are gearing up for school to start on Monday! We're counting down!

Ok... enough. I've crammed all that I can into this post! Hopefully I'm back on the blogging bus!

3 comments:

The Milams said...

Welcome back1

Definitely give us Ry's e-mail. Z would love to e-mail him!

stacy arnold said...

ok......the bangs and haircut is just too cute for words. maybe i can convince sue. and the ears!!! so sweet! a little bling for the first day of school!

the circus garb pic is hilarious!

and the soccer game WOW! Nice work team!!

what a fun summer y'all had! reminds me of the fun summers i had growing up. ahhh to be a kid again!

ohh i met someone that knows brett thedford. his name is russel and goes to UT. he stayed at our house for a night and beach day. (young life stuff). he seemed like a really neat guy, much more together than i was in college!! haha

Chantel said...

Perfect...for the first day of school!!! Bangs and earrings...sees got to be sooo proud. So, she was in Mt. Pleasant...was this a surprise to you or did you know? Yikes!

Congrats Rylan...PK's are very nerve racking...glad he didn't have to "win" the game with that...what pressure!

I want Ry's email address...I'll give it to David!