"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint..."
Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tilapia Tuesday

I cooked Tilapia for my first time tonight. I know, I know... you can't believe I've never cooked it, but anyone that knows me knows that I don't "do" fish (or anything that swims or moos) So, basically, BT and kids have to get their fish quota elsewhere besides home. Anway, lately I really have been wishing that I liked fish - I mean, c'mon I used to get the fish at Luby's when I was little and LOVED it. I know it's good for you and has Omega 3's... yada, yada So, I did it! The poor guy at the grocery store... I had 20 questions for the guy! I actually googled up a great recipe when I got back home. Feel free to shoot me any good recipes! BT gave it two thumbs up! Me, well... I ate some, but I can't help but think of it swimming around and just can't get past it! Lexie kept coming in there and talking with her fingers securely closing her nose (due to the fish smell) and asking "is it done yet?" It made me laugh outloud!

Ok... so, after I convinced the kiddos that they could not "help" me cook tonight b/c I was trying something new... Rylan came to me with this picture that he drew of me... He said "Mommy, I think these are the best teeth I've ever drawn"... he's so sweet... and that ponytail... well, according to Rylan "it's really coming out of the back of my head, but that's how it looks when I turn to the side"... Wow. Oh, how I wish I had the time to dig around for a picture of me in sixth grade that looks just like this picture when I went through the "side ponytails are so cool lookin" stage that every girl goes through!!! HA!


A few minutes after the first picture, I get a second portrait of myself! :) So precious! I love my kids!

We went to the fair this last week. After an alligator basket, a turkey leg, nachos (where the man picked up the chips with his bare hands and no gloves), the glass house, super slide, Lex losing a tooth while eating a brownie and winning a goldfish... we were ready to split. We had had enough of the fair that we could stand - there's a reason it comes around once a year. By the way, the goldfish kicked the bucket overnight by the next morning.

Happy October!!

10 comments:

Note This... said...

2 teeth in a week and a half??? Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kthed said...

YES! The tooth fairy is broke by now... she had to come to our house twice this last week for Lexie! :)

Tootle Family said...

I love the pics they drew for you.

Oh, and how he drew the pony tail so you could see it, but it's really in the back.....kelli, we all know you sport the side, high pony nowadays.

Tootle Family said...

I love the pics they drew for you.

Oh, and how he drew the pony tail so you could see it, but it's really in the back.....kelli, we all know you sport the side, high pony nowadays.

April Roycroft said...

I love the pics of you!!! so cute!

Anonymous said...

Gosh those pictures were really good.!!!
MADISON

boo and stacy said...

The pics are so cute! Lexi's is so girls and frilly and Rylan's is a bit more.....masculine! And yes those were some pretty pearly whites!

I'm not a fish maker either. Sometimes grilled salmon. I don't think I knew you were a no moooooo(er).

Gotta love fair season! We have the Hometown fair tomorrow!

terri said...

I have to tell you, I just cooked Talapia for the first time too! I was so proud of myself. I looked up online recipes and it actually turned out quite tasty. (But my children were so freaked out that REAL fish was on their plate, so they wouldn't even try it!)

Chantel said...

HAAAA! I am laughing out loud at that side ponytail!
Good job daring to cook and tast the fish.
I totally missed the East Texas fair for the first time in my life. But the good thing is...the are tons down here! And they even have workers with missing teeth too!

Note This... said...

We went to the state fair this weekend... bigger and better.. and totally too much money can be spent there!!!! lol I think you need a new post for October :-P